Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Your Algorithm was Just Inappropriate

Still a cuddly cold morning, when all birds were still in a midst of nowhere of their dream, just like me, a spooky thing occurred. Home phone rang and just successfully startled me. Oh yes, there are exactly 3 people who know and have to know that number. First, me, myself. Second, a girl who lives next door. Last one is another girl who lives another door. They both were in Jakarta however I couldn't see any chance for them to give me a call through it.

That call, was just the one after mysterious-anonymous call. At that time, I barely heard voice and I just could hear sound of rain which means I wasn't deaf and the creepy thing was: no one spoke up. I was freaking out, as possible as I could be, yet I decided to pick it up. I was shaky, but heyy, relax, perhaps it's just a gig sales girl offering a stupid holiday trip.

Can I speak to Ms Fatimah az-Zahra?
(oh shit she's right)
Speaking.
We're from lalalala Queensland Government. Because lalalala summer, we'd like to offer lalalala lalalala worth up to lalalala hundreds dollars so you don't have to spend any of your money.
(QLD Government? Summer? Offer? Dollars? They really offer me a trip? Wait wait, I'm half conscious)
You were saying?
We're from lalalala Queensland Government. Because this summer lalalala, we'd like to give you a cooling appliances worth up to lalalala hundreds dollars so it won't cost anything for you.
(Nah, I get it now. Not a free trip from QLD Government for sure)
Ooh. Yes, Maam.
But I wanna ask something before that.
Sure!
Do you have any cooling appliances installed in your home?
Err, what's that again?
Cooling appliances, do you have one installed in your home?
I don't think so.

Okay, so you don't have one now may I know your address?
It is 4/222 Sir Fred lalalala Brisbane, 4067.
It is an apartment? Or a house?
Apartment but emm, I think it is a unit, fountain unit.
Are you the owner of the unit?
No, I'm just the tenant.
So, are you working?
I'm a student.
Okay, now I wanna check whether you are eligible for this offer. Are you a holder of Australia citizen?
Nope.
Or are you a permanent residence?
I'm not. I've lived here for one year.
Oh we are sorry but our offer is just eligible for citizens and permanent residence. Thank you.
(Sama-sama, Mbak!)
That's OK.

Humm, well. I was thinking if she asked me first, whether or not I'm a holder of Australia citizen or a permanent residence after she introduced herself, the conversation wouldn't last more than 5 minutes so that I could go back to my bed and took a sleep again, oh my. What a wrong algorithm!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mika Halpin said...

kasian kamu!

February 4, 2010 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Fatimah Az Zahra said...

huhu iya san =(

February 4, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home