Saturday, June 20, 2009

11 June 2009; A Special Day! (part III)

Well, well, well, this is the third fantastic story to me on 11 June 2009. Hahaha, to me?

It was a damn cold Thursday and I had an appointment with Mr Gordon Scott, an export Brisbane director from Brisbane marketing. This meeting is a follow-up from Brisbane student ambassador program which I applied a week ago (from that time, for sure). FYI, 2009 Brisbane student ambassador is the first batch and in its first year, the objective of the program is to increase awareness of Brisbane’s world‐class education offering. This will be achieved by communicating real‐life local experiences from international students to their families and friends at home who are considering studying overseas.

OK, going back to my story again. Having no idea at all about the building, I planned to go there earlier and started searching for building lied on 15 Adelaide street. It was 12ish when I reached the building, the time I have never expected before, because we had a 13:30 meeting. IT WAS JUST TOO EARLY.

Long story short, I waited in their lounge, sat in a luxurious sofa, read magazines, drank mineral water I brought from home while suddenly a nice elegant guy greeted me, very very nicely. Suddenly he asked, apa kabar? I was shocked (yes, shocked) and I felt like my blood stopped pumping while he continued, selamat datang di Brisbane. Glek. WHAT? Am I talking to Indonesia breed now? Or he is an Indonesian? Or soo many questions around my head. To be honest, I couldn't feel what I was feeling, whether relax or the other way around. Weird, huh?

He said that he learned bahasa when he was studying and still bit remember. Anyway, I enjoyed the interview which is mostly filled with debriefing about this program and some light questions about me, the use of on-line stuff, how I interact with that, etc. I also proved my visa which is still valid until then end of this program, at least. He joked once or twice, sometimes with bahasa and that was very enjoyable. I asked one closing question at the end of our conversation and he gave his name card just before I left his room. What a businessman, hehe.

After that, I went home catching a 412 bus, and probably there is another story I have to tell y'all regarding to this bus.


Cheers,
Zahra.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home