Thursday, April 30, 2009

Halal Food

There's a quite interesting issue related to halal food here since we can't easily find it everywhere. As I know, there is only 1 official halal restaurant near my home, which is Nandos. Fortunately, the Indian Restaurant next to it claims all the meat are halal also. But Miss India, the Indian Restaurant, hasn't been listed in halal restaurant in Brisbane, neither has the Thai Restaurant next to Miss India. Some weeks ago it claimed its meats are halal, except the pork definitely. Haha. To sum up, there are 3 restaurants serving halal food even though the last one may also serve pork in it. But can you imagine? If we order, for example, chicken fried rice but before that the pan was used to cook something which has pork in it. Would you eat that?

Besides the restaurant: Butcher! I just know 1 butcher, located in the-valley. What makes me funny is, it's very easy to go there, just catch a bus going to the city and you can connect it with another bus or with a train and the butcher is just approximately 200 meters away. BUT, I always have a problem while going back. Buahaha. For example, Nisa (my roommate) and I, have bravely chosen randomly bus to city and intentionally connected it with another bus. That was a very clear idea, but actually we get off in the wrong bus stop. Haha. It then continued to a quite well prepared journey some days ago when I went there alone. I've already asked a man who quite experiences going there and he suggested to take a 470 bus. And yes, after being patient for a 15-minute wait finally I knew that I wait in the wrong bus stop, AGAIN. Haha. So I decided to take a train. Woohoo. Emm, actually there was another embarrassing story in the train station but maybe not this time, mates.

Going to snack! This is the hardest one I think. I am being forced not to directly grab and eat wanted snack before seeing all the ingredient in it. Because not only the words contain pork which are prohibited but also the derivative or something related to it. But, unfortunately, I unintentionally eat desert containing alcohol in it. Uugg.

I think just that I wanna share now. Bye!


Regards,
Zahra.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home