Saturday, May 9, 2009

How to reply thank you

I always been taught to say, "you're welcome" if someone say "thank you" or such, at least since my third grade in elementary school. I reckon that it is quite acceptable since Indonesia, my country, inherits American English, CMIIW. But here, I haven't heard anyone say that to me and I'm pretty sure.

Most of the replies are, "no worries" or sometimes, "that's all right" and "that's OK" as well. In some occasions, the answer of that sentence will be the "thank you" itself. Well, I'm impressed. Because IMO, in a way, it shows a really low profile culture. I don't know how can I conclude that but somehow, "you're welcome" means, if we thank somebody, they will elevate us up, on the other hand, the rest mean, if we thank somebody, they degrade themselves down. You must know which language style I use, hehe. You know what I mean? Hopefully. Maklum masih belajar, hehe lagi.


Regards,
Zahra.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home